Randy Maluchnik introduced Speaker and former club member + president: Katy Holub-Bloomquist, who explained her journey that brought her into the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and their “Team in Training” group. This group helps members train for a full or half marathon, triathlon, cycling or hiking event with one goal in mind: to find cures and ensure access to treatments. Here is what TNT can do for you:
– Provide weekly workouts with world-class coaches.
– Expand your social circle and provide the opportunity to become part of a community and team.
– Help you cross the finish line at incredible local and national events.
Here is what you can do for patients:
– Help save lives by fundraising while you train.
– Help improve the lives of patients and their families.
– Get us all closer to a world without blood cancers.
Katy’s husband David has been fighting a blood cancer for over a year, and Katy has been determined to fill her life with purposeful activities to help him – in a healthy manner, with a smile on her face. Her presentation reminded us that Katy’s big heart and boundless energy lives on outside of Rotary.
To make a donation and for more information about Minnesota’s LLS and Team In Training: http://www.teamintraining.org/mn/